Go to the Main Business Forum page

Can OLD world methods work in today's INTERNET Marketing? [Archive] - Page 6 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Can OLD world methods work in today's INTERNET Marketing?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

GordonJ
August 1, 2012, 11:45 AM
Good questions.

Target is what I PREACH. Yet, with this, my answer is I DON'T KNOW.

What I MIGHT suggest here is...run a small classifed or small ad for your
FLYER. Ask 2 or 3 bucks and a SASE, just for the test.

How one flyer pulled in XX dollars of new business when mailed to college students. Get a COPY OF THE flyer and details on how to start your own lucrative part-time cleaning business. Promotion Guy, 5555 Main St. Anytown USA. Only 3 dollars and SASE

sSomething like that might be a good classified test.

Once I get a list or two, and I may rent a sample list to test, probably of Biz-Op types, then I'll have a better working idea of which way to go.

I'm considering testing a list of RECENT buyers of How to MAKE MONEY TYPES and/or a list from one of the online marketing gurus to test.

Will know in the next couple of weeks.

Gordon

First off I think it would be a great idea bringing the old world back and reintroducing it to a new generation. Craigslist is great but technology doesn't replace human curiosity.

For example I found 2 housing units next door to each other. They are setup as student housing. When combined together there are 211 apartments. Each apartment has 4 bedrooms/bathrooms, 1 kitchen, 1 common area/living room.

That's 844 occupants in total or should I say 844 prospects to have their bedroom and bathroom cleaned.

I created 211 paper flyers for my wife's cleaning business. Headline read

"WHEN DOES A SUCCESSFUL COLLEGE
STUDENT LIKE YOU HAVE TIME TO
CLEAN YOUR PLACE?"

On each flyer there are 3 packages each roommate can buy.

Hand written addresses and real stamps. Then I just mailed them to "Resident/Student" as a test.

Within the first week we were getting college kids jumping on our offers.

So yeah it will work.

Second, after reading your page one question stands out in my mind.

Who are you targeting?

Saying you are going to send out to at least 1000 eager buyers I would want to know what segment you are targeting.

It's like that old saying, "Offering Bibles to Atheists is marketing suicide."

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page