Go to the Main Business Forum page

Back to the Future with Circulars, Hotsheets and Folios [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Future with Circulars, Hotsheets and Folios

Pages : [1] 2

GordonJ
August 8, 2012, 03:25 PM
OK. FUN stuff. And maybe profitable too.

I've just mailed out the last of my circular samples and I've generated some interest.

Some of you may recall I studied Astrology here in Akron under the late, great Annie Hershey. One of her students I started with is now a full time astrologer.

Every time I pass a "Psychic" business...I always say,
Bet you knew I wasn't going to stop.

HA.

A few years back GrannyC, future star of my new circular/hotsheet program got a kit from a guy, Bart Baggett, and spent hundreds of dollars to learn Handwriting Analysis.

You know, American Courts recognize the testimony of these professional handwriting experts...anyhow.

As I'm pouring through OLD boxes stuffed with all things mail order from what seems like eons ago, I'm amazed at some of the things I bought and other items which are still good products.

Sure, kindle is hot, ebooks have replaced many books...and we don't get the offers like we used to for booklets, folios, hotsheets and circulars.

I just wanted to share with YOU what a few of the HOTSHEET PUBLISHERS are going to do.

I'll be publishing at least two of my own, one on CHATTELING and the other on BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES. I'll be contributing to GrannyC's Hotsheet on her Recipe Club, since I've got thousands of those too.

GrannyC will offer FREE Handwriting Analysis along with Dumpster Diving Tips and her Recipe Club.

Another women will be running ads in GrannyC's Hotsheet as well as publishing her own on Backyard Gardening and Canning. Deborah Lynn's Stay at Home Mom Hotsheet will have all kinds of tips on child care, healthy eating and gardening.

I'm starting to get a feel for these, and NOT all of them are going to be Biz-Op or Internet Marketing.

IF they take off, I'll be able to segment the lists. The initial 1000 will be sent to biz op list, so a slant on making money would be good for the ads.

I'm also surprised at the USPS, it is going to be affordable to mail up to 10 sheets of paper, and I'm looking forward to it.

I'll be advertising my OnDemand Printing for booklets, folios, plans, hotsheets, ad circulars, cook books, etc., etc.

Will probably burn through several small biz laser printers quickly, which will allow me to upgrade to a professional printer/copier which can be picked up pretty cheap (and at that time, offer services mentioned here in the last few months, print on demand for YOUR booklets, folios and what have you).

I can't remember whom but there was a lady who used to do Tarot Card readings at fairs and such.

There is SO much going on in the REAL world, where people have all kinds of interests and actually get out and about, it is like being taking through a time portal back to the future.

People still cook, believe it or not, and cook books are still best sellers. Can anyone have too many cookbooks?

The NEW modern recipe club will collect and publish recipes and the people making contributions could pick up hundreds, if not thousands of dollars along the way.

It will begin as a very eclectic hotsheet from woodworkers, wreath makers, work at home moms, Crones, Astrologers, Handwriting Analysis, it will be like the county fair coming to your home every month...maybe even sell cotton candy makers...

Anyhow, I spent a full day at Books a Million store, read scores of magazines and still see classified ads to full page ads...so, perhaps...

and MAYBE...this revival of the old world ways, will be a Renaissance for all of us, oldsters and youngsters alike.

I'll have a sign up sheet posted soon if you'd like to receive the Premier Issue of my new InterConnect Hotsheet.

Thanks for your comments, ideas, questions and feedback...much appreciated.

Gordon J. Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page