Go to the Main Business Forum page

The Chattle Challenge - Operation Benjamins [Archive] - Page 11 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Chattle Challenge - Operation Benjamins

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

GordonJ
September 13, 2012, 02:38 PM
So I'm out the $70 for the grill and $50 for the weight set so far, but should eventually get the money back. I think the grill will take a while to sell at the price I listed it at.

Here's the ad:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/app/3264998782.html

Everyone has different tactics, you can either buy and sell chattel quickly for low margins, or stick to your guns and bring in the higher margins.

I've written about this for years. Yet, the vast majority just don't get it. You don't.

So here it is once again.

Circulation of your money beats STORAGE, WHICH is what you are doing with such a high price tag on this item. Greed.

99% of people THINK they know a value. If it takes you a week to sell this at your so-called higher margins....that's 7 days of potential deals you won't make.

This is absolutely the #1 reason people fail with chatteling...they KNOW they can get more money, that is, the item is worth X and rather than circulate their money, they put it into storage.

Just my opinion.

Gordon Alexander

PS. The legal term for personal property is chattel. If you are buying and selling chattel for a profit, then you are chatteling. If you are buying and holding stuff until you get some perceived value...you are losing time and money.

And oh, I'VE never been ghosted or flagged cause I follow the rules. If you are going to use craigslist to do this, it certainly helps IF your ad can be seen. MINE always are. And I've conducted many deals at McDonalds and the local coffee shop. Never have I had a problem in 20 years.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page