Go to the Main Business Forum page

"They say if you do something for 10,000 hours, you値l get really good at it! [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "They say if you do something for 10,000 hours, you値l get really good at it!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Dien Rice
September 23, 2012, 11:07 AM
Ike Handy wrote two great books on golf.

How to hit the golf ball straight.

It's the Damn Ball.

He was a golf great.

Took up the game when he was over 50. In about 3 years, with just a few hundred hours of practice, he mastered the sport, one which is considered to be one of the most difficult sports to master.

10,000 hours of hitting the ball wrongly isn't going to produce champions, only sorry AZZ golfers who can repeat their crummy swings over and over and over.

Give me a person with 500 hours of the right kind of "practice" over the grinder of time any day of the week.
Gordon,

Thanks for sharing that...

It proves false my claim that practicing golf or tennis for a living is only for the young'uns...

I guess you don't have to be Tiger Woods or the newly-retired Andy Roddick to make a living at sports, since there are also other ways, too (like coaching, info-products, and so on)...

One day, I'm gonna have to learn how to golf... It seems all the presidents do it (both Republicrats and Democans)...!

Top Golfing Presidents
http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/2009-02/presidentsranking

(Out of the last 18 presidents, it seems the only ones who didn't play golf were Herbert Hoover, Harry S. Truman, and Jimmy Carter...)

- Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page