Go to the Main Business Forum page

Books on deal-making... [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Books on deal-making...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Duane Adolph
October 2, 2012, 01:28 PM
Hi Dien,

Thanks for asking.

Another Excellent resource for deal making is Robert Ringer "A Dealmaker's Dream". It's not an audio program, but I got a lot of value from it.

http://robertringer.com/new-etr-add-recasting.html

Just reading the salesletter alone was valuable. My favorite part from the salesletter was where he discusses the "twin keys" of making money.

"Though it goes against conventional wisdom, I can tell you with certainty that having the best product or service in your industry doesn't guarantee success. The twin keys to making money are dealmaking and marketing. And of the two, I would argue that dealmaking is what makes marketing possible."

Best

Hi,

I just wanted to know - has anyone read any books on "deal making" that they'd recommend?

By "deal making" I mean the "art" of finding potential (win/win) deals, and making them happen...

I think the best book I've read on deal-making is probably Donald Trump's first book, "The Art of the Deal."

In that book, he explained how he managed to pull together multiple parties to turn the Commodore Hotel in NYC, which was closing, to become the Grand Hyatt hotel. He had to deal with multiple parties - and "did the deal" by managing to work it so everyone "won" in the end!

Anyway, it's a good book explaining multiple deals, and I recommend it. Has anyone come across any others they'd recommend?

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page