Go to the Main Business Forum page

Domain host recommendations? [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Domain host recommendations?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

MichaelRoss
October 19, 2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks Dien,

He was asking me about Crazy Domains. I did a quick "review search" and found Loads of issues with them - mainly their uptime is atrocious. Stacks written on whirlpool forums about how Bad they are.

I remembered Dotster but have found they are recently gone down hill in a big way and people are jumping ship like nuts.

I suggested to him to use Doteasy when he first asked but at the time he wanted a all in one provider - domain reg and hosting. But he discovered most US hosts cannot register .au names.

Thanks Ankesh,

He wants his site to have a small catalog of items. At this stage let's say a dozen. And those items to be bought from the site using a payment processor. At the moment he is thinking eway http://www.eway.com.au cause PayPal is too expensive. I told him the processor fees are a cost of doing business and to factor that into his price.

So as I see it, he doesn't need full shopping cart scripting available from his host as he is using eway's cart. But nor does he want to pay $20 a month for hosting. As usual, wanting all the goodies without paying for them.

Thanks, I shall pass on all this info for him to investigate some more.

There was a host I was using years ago who was quite excellent. Cannot recall who they were now. Anyways...

Michael

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page