Go to the Main Business Forum page

Getting things done with "nested" to-do lists... [Archive] - Page 12 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Getting things done with "nested" to-do lists...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Dien Rice
November 3, 2012, 12:51 AM
Thanks Dien. I use a time management system Mark Forster devised.

"There are three factors which every time management system needs to address: urgency, importance and psychological readiness."

No time management system I've come across before this takes psychological readiness into consideration. So you tend to procrastinate. And procrastinate.

Mark Forster has a simple idea to deal with this. It doesn't completely get rid of the need to be disciplined - and you will still procrastinate from time to time. But it is awesome in helping you find out which tasks make you feel resistant - and how to build momentum with your task list.

This is his system:
http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs004/1100358239599/archive/1109511856508.html
Thanks Ankesh...

I read through the article from Mark Foster you linked to. Wow - I also have never come across a system that takes into account "psychological readiness" before...

It sounds very intriguing... and also easy to implement. I'm going to try it out. :)

I don't use pen and paper anymore. Because it is a pain to carry it around everywhere. Where as, a phone - you always have it with you. The other reason is with computers, scheduling recurring tasks is easier.

I use todoist.com.
One big list of tasks that follows Mark Forsters system linked above.
One big list of projects. (You can add sub-projects here by nesting too...)

I love todoist because they have a chrome plugin using which you can add an email as a task too (if you use gmail like I do). And they sycnchronize well with phones. And they use new html5 technology - so you can use todoist even if you are offline.
Todoist looks useful, too...

Thanks for these, Ankesh. I'm definitely going to try out the Mark Foster system... :)

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page