Go to the Main Business Forum page

Getting things done with "nested" to-do lists... [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Getting things done with "nested" to-do lists...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Cornell
October 27, 2012, 08:54 PM
Hi Dien:

Similar but different.

I prefer using pen and paper for daily lists.

I have a raft of spiral bound science notebooks for kid's classes and use them....some may remember them....lines on half and blank on the other for diagrams.

Being a single parent I also wear way too many hats and while work is precedence, there also kid and houshold needs going on every day.

The daily list....the lined section is work related....on the blank are household / kids.

As things are completed they are crossed off.

I should mention the blank space is also used for phone call notations from calls during the day, sudden ideas, or web site design ideas (quickly sketched out), etc..

Where I go a little differently is that if I have a master heading on the list (such as report, ebook, newsletter, web site design - ones that require many steps to finish)...I use separate sheets for these (attached to daily list with paperclips)... this way I don't have to continually recopy them.....and they eventually become part of the portfolio on the project.

Every night before shutting down for the day I go to the list and create tomorrow's. Items not crossed off become priority the next day if absolutely pressing and most done the next day at some point....very few are carried over to a third or fourth day (the exception is larger projects which may take several days / weeks to complete - they just get repeated on the list until done and then crossed off)

I find this works for me...especially with the side notes as they are on a dated page...and all lists are kept.

Pen and paper don't crash, and paper doesn't get corrupted and won't open...just a couple of reasons I still rely on the pen. :D

C.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page