Go to the Main Business Forum page

Kindle anyone? [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Kindle anyone?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RgrPett
December 29, 2012, 08:56 PM
First, I'm not a Kindle author but I have been following the Kindle phenomenon. While I would agree that publishing a book can give the author credibility in his/her field I also subscribe to the garbage in, garbage out school of thought. In my opinion the ease and low (or no) cost in putting a book on the Kindle market could lead to a lot of “garbage” in the Kindle book arena.

Having said that, one of the most comprehensive sources of Kindle publishing info is Bill Myers product developer's forum at http://www.bmyers.com. It's a membership site. $10.00 a month and well worth it. I've been a member ever since Gordon J Alexander mentioned it here several years ago and I've never regretted joining.

Bill's focus for years has been producing information products with a concentration on how-to DVDs. But this year he's published Kindle books of his own (both fiction and nonfiction). Along the way he's posted many tips outlining his Kindle experiences, what succeeded and what didn't.

The whole Kindle topic has generated much interest among Bill's members. So he recently added a separate Kindle department to his site. There you'll find all sorts of info on writing for the Kindle, page formatting techniques, free software for writing Kindle books, the types of topics that sell well, pricing strategies and how to promote your book. There is also a continuing dialog among members who are publishing their own books for the Kindle.

I hope this helps.

Roger

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page