Go to the Main Business Forum page

Flooding continues in E. Australia-MIA [Archive] - Page 6 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Flooding continues in E. Australia-MIA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Dien Rice
February 1, 2013, 09:40 AM
Hi everyone, Susha and I are OK... The water stopped short of both my place and Susha's mothers. I just got my electricity back a little while ago but her mom is still without hers. Lucky I have a camp stove for emergency cooking. Bought it after the 2010/11 floods and it came in handy the last few days.

This was the worst flood Bundaberg has ever experienced.
Hi Steve,

I'm glad and relieved to know that you, your wife, and her mom are all fine!

I saw some pretty terrible-looking pictures of Bundaberg on the news...

I know there will probably be a big clean-up once the flood waters have receded. However, it's great that your house hasn't been affected...

Back in the early 2011 floods, one of my brothers (who lives in Brisbane with his family) had his ground floor apartment flooded out. He spent something like 11 hours moving as much of their stuff as he could to an upstairs apartment (thanks to the kind occupants of that apartment), while the flood waters were rising. They still lost some of their furniture when their apartment eventually flooded, but luckily they managed to save most of their things.

After the flood water receded, they were left with a thick layer of mud on the floor of their apartment, which was then also declared uninhabitable. (They were renting, so they had to move.)

Thanks for posting an update, Steve...

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page