Go to the Main Business Forum page

Boomers are starting businesses [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Boomers are starting businesses

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Dien Rice
October 14, 2013, 02:49 PM
I just read an article which pointed out that many boomers are starting (or have started) new businesses...

A bad job market is partly the reason. However, I think it's a good thing to start a business (full-time, or part-time)...

I have always tended to think of the various business skills - like sales skills, customer service skills, marketing skills, product sourcing skills, and so on - as "urban survival skills."

Kind of like how Tarzan can survive in the jungle, with "urban survival skills" you can survive in the "urban jungle!"

And one way of learning these skills is through your own full- or part-time business...

Of course, it's always handy to have a little extra money in your pocket, too!

I've had some health problems recently (to do with type 2 diabetes). As a result, I had to stop one side-business I was running while I've been dealing with some of these health issues... It wasn't my main source of income, but that side-business would sometimes put just under a grand a month in my pocket. That extra money won't make me a billionaire - but it was nice extra money to have...!

Anyway... Here's the article on boomers going into business...

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/necessity-is-fueling-a-new-trend-of-baby-boomer-entrepreneurs-20131010

Best wishes!

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page