Go to the Main Business Forum page

Aiming for better engagement, thoughts? [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Aiming for better engagement, thoughts?

Pages : 1 [2]

Dien Rice
June 4, 2014, 11:14 AM
Hi Juan,

I'm not sure if this will help you, but I find the following approach works with emails...

I like to give good information, then "segue" into a related promotion. For example, let's say I was promoting a cookbook. I would first give good, useful, interesting information for free - in this case, maybe some useful recipes or cooking tips. Then, I'd segue into a promotion, where I'd "tease" them on why it would be great to check out the item I'm promoting, which would give them more recipes, or even more powerful cooking tips...

Give for free - then everyone wins (even those who don't buy your product). And... a certain percentage will want more, and some of those will buy your product...

What I like about this approach is - it works, I feel good about giving people value, and people like to read it, so they keep reading new emails I send, too...

(I haven't promoted cookbooks by the way - that was just an example of how the technique could be applied...)

This works well for information-type products, anyhow...

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page