Go to the Main Business Forum page

How a "PRO" handles a probem [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How a "PRO" handles a probem

Pages : 1 [2]

Dien Rice
November 20, 2014, 07:01 PM
She tells me she got 6 biznesses to pay her $590 for an Ad on her Coffee Mug program which involves selling Ads on Coffee Mugs....getting them made and then delivered to the Restaurant.

Well......for some reason....."STUFF Happens"! The Phone No for one of her advertisers is WRONG!

So......I tell her to "relax" and I will look at the problem...and sure nuff, the Phone # for one of the advertisers is wrong......instead of an "8" in the number, the number on the Mugs is "SIX"!

So......I phone the "6" number and sure nuff.......it's a residence.

I tell the person who picks up the phone that "A Mistake Was Made"......
Their phone number was put in the Ad by Mistake HOWEVER......I'd be willing to pay them $5 for each phone call they received, asking about (X)

He agreed!
Hi Don,

Every business... every one in the world... will come across problems sooner or later...!

That one sounds like a real doozy... But, you came up with a great solution. Thanks for sharing it!

As you said, not all problems can be solved, but in the toughest situations, finding the solution can mean the difference between a successful business, and an unsuccessful one...

By the way, this really shows why it's very useful to have people like mentors, or a "master mind", or even just entrepreneurial friends you can bounce ideas off of.

In this case, your student had you to come to, to see if you could think up a solution... and you came up with the goods, and "saved her bacon"...!

In my case, I have a few entrepreneurial friends and family (one of my brothers is also quite entrepreneurial) who I sometimes bounce ideas off of... And man, it's very useful. Often they see things I can't see, or come up with suggestions I hadn't thought of...

If you're traveling the "entrepreneurial road" and you don't have these kinds of people around you, you have to get them! It could mean the difference between failure and success... It makes the "journey" more enjoyable, too! :)

You can get a mentor (including paying for one, which can be worthwhile)... There are excellent people out there (and also here) who you can pay for consulting work, and it will often pay you back in spades...

But also, you can get entrepreneurial friends (including through this forum, and through other places)... It's very, very important, I think, to get entrepreneurial friends, colleagues, mentors - all of the above!

Make sure these are people who "walk the walk" - who are doers, and who have done, or are doing, entrepreneurial projects themselves! At the beginning, you may not know many, if any, of these kind of people... But, you'll find a lot of them right here on this forum, for one place. These friendships and relationships are vitally important!

I met up with one of my entrepreneurial friends yesterday, for a coffee... We share notes, share new things we've learned, give each other comments and advice. Whenever we meet up, I always leave with a pleasant "buzz" and new ideas...

I think having these kinds of people around you is one of the "hidden" and not-often-talked-about keys of business success!

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page