Go to the Main Business Forum page

The POWER of KeyWord Domains [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The POWER of KeyWord Domains

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Steve MacLellan
December 12, 2014, 02:19 PM
Remember in the old days, when yellow pages ruled.

They still do for most people 55+... at least here in Nova Scotia, Canada. I've read a lot of reports that confirm this and even asked a lot of friends about it. I've found the less Internet savvy + age, means more eyeballs on the yellow pages. Meaning those who ARE Internet savvy and 55+ are more likely to just do a Goggle search.

The sad part about it is that there are businesses who ONLY use yellow page advertising -- that don't want websites -- and aren't being seen by the demographic age groups they are trying to target. In which case... the advertising is just a waste of dollars.

The yellow pages aren't hurting in this neck of the woods. I've seen numerous google ads for them where you can get a listing in the printed book, listed in the yellow pages online, and they will build you a website starting at $250 per month. Not bad... getting paid every month for a website that hardly ever gets updated. In 3 years they made $9000 off of one website -- and that's a very basic website. And yes... there are people opting for this....

Regards,
Steve MacLellan

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page