Go to the Main Business Forum page

What's Your New Years Resolution for 2015? [Archive] - Page 16 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What's Your New Years Resolution for 2015?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

SteveSki
December 29, 2014, 07:13 AM
Hi Steve:

Yes, yes, yes, and yes....I am really pumped on this endeavor with the dome. My whole intention will be to arrive (through experimentation) at as close to zero cost for lighting and heating as possible.....have ideas on 2 standby heat sources to augment the passive that will cost next to nothing to operate if and when needed. Also will be experimenting with 2 wind generators along with solar panels for auxillary lighting if needed.

The dome is so much more efficient than the standard greenhouse, and I have located a covering that is UV resistant with a guaranteed 10 year life, diffuses the light so there is no shading anywhere in the dome, and also only has a 45% heat loss during the night hours...which will make the passive so much more effective. Heat loss in a standard greenhouse with glass, plastic, or polycarbonate covering is so very, very, poor.

Also with the 30' diameter dome comes a clear center height of 15'. I have designed a version of the RGGS for this that when combined with this clear 15' height will allow moveable raised platforms 7' in the air that will house my ever bearing strawberry plants...and due to the nature of the dome covering, the plants below in the RGGS will still get full sunlight.

Also with the dome I can easily add an adjoining 15' diameter dome for colder weather plants...so basically can have the best of both warm and cooler season veggies in their own individual climatized growing areas year round. With the exception of dairy, poultry (eggs), and meat I should be self reliant for food....no matter what comes along. Also have access to large, free, natural supply of water with a filtration system ready to go for it, and as I only grow heirloom plants (seed saving) will always have the plants.

Cornell

That's great!

I hope you are recording / documenting it each step of the way.

Would make a nice info product or free bait on a list building capture page.

Then when your plants go to seed you can package and sell 'Cornell's Heirloom Seeds'.

Use your info product to market your seeds or sell the info products and you'll throw in an assortment of seeds as a free bonus... or use them as a OTO. 50% off the regular price.

Some chickens and goats would be a nice addition but you'll be surprised how many fish a good aquaponics system will produce each year. You can survive on salads, vegetables, berries and fish!

You are going to have a lot of fun with it!

Sow some good seeds come planting season, and enjoy your harvest for many years to come!

Cheers,
Steve
This "Freedom Business" is everything you could ever want in an opportunity! (http://www.thelifestylementor.com)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page