Go to the Main Business Forum page

My 2 Main Resolutions for 2015 [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My 2 Main Resolutions for 2015

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

SteveSki
December 30, 2014, 07:46 PM
Great resolutions Don.

When asked about new years resolutions most people will have a list of goals…. I want to lose weight, I want to earn more, I want to get the garage, attic or basement finally organized….

But they are not very specific, they don’t set clear deadlines or put together a step-by-step plan of action to accomplish their goals. And they don’t have enough passion to turn their “wants” into absolute “musts”. They have no accountability partner to report their activity or inactivity to. And it’s so darn easy to slack off when the going gets tough and especially when you make some progress and become comfortable.

Comfort is my big issue…. When I’m comfortable I tend to get lazy and put things off but when I’m about to lose something I have that’s when I finally act so as not to lose.

But playing not to lose is not the same as playing to win and the road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.

As you say… every business owner wants two things… more buyers and more profits. You can show them something that will help them to get what they want and often they will stall but like you teach… Tell them: This is an excusive, only one type of each business to be included, today s the dead line for your type of business… they may still stall… but inject fear of loss…. I have appointments later today to see your your two top competitors…. They will often finally act so as not to lose out.

Have a great 2015

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski
This "Freedom Business" is everything you could ever want in an opportunity! (http://www.thelifestylementor.com)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page