Go to the Main Business Forum page

Cell Phone Cash [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Cash

Pages : 1 [2]

Dien Rice
February 26, 2015, 08:08 PM
OK.....America can't get enough "Mobile" stuff. Apple is now making MORE money than Exxon or any OIL co or any other Big Corp.

So.....when I first found DudaMobile (where just by entering the URL of a website up comes a MockUp of the website)....I'd do 10 MockUps and go see website owners to sell them a Mobilized version of their sites.

I soon found that....just like designing a website from scratch....website owners were PERSNICKETY about Colors, Design, Position and EVERYTHING else about the Mobile Version.....so.....even though visiting a website owner and showing what their site looks like now and what it could look like....is a pretty easy way to pick up some quick cash.....I got tired of all the persnicketyness and I've decided to set up Mobile Directories.

Mobile Directory for;
1) Restaurants (where I set up QR Code Displays in Hotels)
2) New Home Buyers (where I send Home Buyers a large post card with a QR Code that leads to my "Newcomer Mobile Site")
3) A General Mobile Town Directory (Where I list ALL types of businesses)

And.....not only are these places that Biznesses WANT to BE Part of.... because they are designed by ME....with MY Colors and Designs and I don't have to get into any details. I simply offer each participant ONE Page (Restaurants get Menu Pages) that includes 1 Photo, a brief description, a Map to their biz and a "Tap To Call" button.

There is NO Persnicketediness! Because I usually PRE-Design the Listing Pages....all prospects need to do is "Reject" or "Accept".

This makes the Directories FUN PLUS....I get a nice hefty Monthly Rental from participants.

Give it a try

Don Alm
Hi Don,

Thanks for sharing this... I checked out the Dudamobile site, very interesting that it makes an "immediate" mockup...!

However, I know what you mean about "persnicketiness" of various biz owners.

I have a friend who is part of a 3-person company that specializes in branding, and part of what they offer is website design.

I asked him once, what do you do when people want more and more changes to their website design, or keep changing their mind about what they want? He said, it's no problem - he just charges them more! (Which makes sense.)

I like the mobile directory ideas... I guess you could probably promote it with your videos too. I can see how it can all "mesh" together...

Thanks, Don, for sharing...!

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page