Go to the Main Business Forum page

Could there be untapped "treasure" with the people you know? [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Could there be untapped "treasure" with the people you know?

Pages : 1 [2]

GordonJ
March 17, 2015, 01:15 PM
When I was 10, I lived in Phoenix and heard the tall tales of the Lost Dutchman's mine in the superstitious mountains. Love the TV show.

There is the legend of Frenchy's Gold ( an apparent heist of payroll for Commodore Perry's troops in Erie) which was rumored to be buried near May Campbell's Cave. I spent many a summer day spelunking the caves looking for it.

And, finding buried treasure makes for fun kid fantasies, mining the treasure of EXPERIENCE is a tested and proven way to riches.

Thanks Dien for pointing this out.

Gordon

PS. I have some Squirrel Poo Paper I'm drying in the bathroom, just in case anyone is interested.

There could be potential treasure among people you know!

I have a friend who I've known for about three years now.

He's around 70 years old, and for most of his life, he made his living from photography. Earlier on in his photographic career, he used to do regular photographic work for one of the music record companies here in Australia. As part of this work, he used to take promotional photographs of many of the bands that came to Australia on tour.

This is work he did in the 1960s and 70s. He took promotional photos of people like the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, and other very famous rock and pop personas of the 60s and 70s.

He told me that he never signed a contract with the record company to take these photos. If that's so, that means that he (as the photographer) owns the copyrights to these photos!

He's not doing anything with these photos (he's told me he still has them). I've told him, he should publish them in the book!

However, he's living a pretty comfortable life as a retiree. He probably feels like he doesn't need the hassle.

It could mean a potential opportunity for someone to help him publish these photos in a book. It would be a unique book, of 60s and 70s icons on tour downunder!

It's an opportunity. He's sitting on what Harvey Brody would call "stored value." What he has is valuable. But he's doing nothing with it.

The way is open for someone to collaborate with him, and turn those photos into something that's published.

It would be win/win for everyone!

How many other similar stories - and opportunities - could there be like this out there?

Maybe someone you know?

- Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page