Go to the Main Business Forum page

Don King's secret to success with the "Rumble in the Jungle!" [Archive] - Page 12 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Don King's secret to success with the "Rumble in the Jungle!"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18

Don Alm
May 29, 2015, 05:21 PM
Offering an "OPTION To Buy"......to anyone who has something they want to sell has always worked for.....people with GUTS to offer it!

It doesn't have to do with Real Estate"

When my wife and I had our Antique Shoppe, In the Aspen, CO area.....I'd come across antiques at Garage Sales where someone DID have a REAL Antique worth a LOT MORE than what they were offering it for.....however, because I KNEW they didn't know didly about the item they were trying to sell, I'd make a "ridiculous offer to buy" (AKA an Option to Buy) and......ask them to phone me after the "Sale".

And.....most times.....they Phoned.

As an Aside here: When I moved to the Aspen, CO area.....I discovered something that made me lots of bucks.

SOME of the females having "Yard or Garden" Sales, in Aspen.....were offering stuff for sale they wanted to "cash-in" because they were divorcing the rich guy who convinced them to get married BUT.....after a few weeks or months.....these young "Snow-Bunnies" wanted to "get rid of this Rich Guy!....for whatever reason AND.....they found they owned a LOT of Good Stuff they had no interest in and would just like to Git Rid Of!

So....guys like me.....who KNEW what was going on.....would go to these Sales every weekend.....see how "under-priced" their stuff was (Hey...they just wanted to get as much cash as they could for the stuff the Rich Guy who sold them on getting married)

And......because I KNEW these "Gals" didn't have a ckue as to what their stuff was worth.....if they didn't take my Offer at the time of the sale....I gave them a Card....with MY offer.....as an Option....and.....I received calls.....even that afternoon.

So.....OPTIONS WORK.....even in the year 2015....on ANYTHING!

Don Alm.....loong time...."Option-Guy"

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page