Go to the Main Business Forum page

How to be nagged to success...! [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How to be nagged to success...!

Pages : [1] 2

Dien Rice
May 15, 2015, 06:02 PM
I once asked an old girlfriend to help me get things done. I asked her to nag me to write articles I had to get done, to combat my procrastination...

Well, she really got into the spirit of it. When I continued to resist her nagging to write these articles... she got angry, and threatened to break up with me if I didn't get those articles done!

Well... that was a bit drastic, don't you think? To be "dumped" just because I didn't write some articles!

Maybe she was a bit too enthusiastic...!

However, yesterday I found an app which will also "nag" me towards success...

It's called "Due." It's for the iPhone/iPad, but apparently "Life Reminders" for Android has some similar functionality...

The way it works is you set a task you want to do, and a time you want to do it or have it done. A notification of that task will appear on your iPhone/iPad at the time you set.

So how is it different from all those other "to do" apps out there? Well, if you don't tell it otherwise, it will keep popping up at intervals until you take some kind of action. (The default is every 5 mins., but I changed mine to come back every 15 mins.)

It's like the "snooze button" on your alarm clock. It will keep coming back - and "nagging" you - until you either indicate the task has been completed, or delete the task, or change the deadline to some other time in the future!

It seems to be working for me... And unlike my old girlfriend, it will never get angry and threaten to "dump" me! ;)

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page