Go to the Main Business Forum page

HARVEY BRODY - Long Lost Article On The King Of The VIRTUAL CORPORATION [Archive] - Page 26 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HARVEY BRODY - Long Lost Article On The King Of The VIRTUAL CORPORATION

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

GordonJ
May 27, 2015, 12:26 PM
You know, from talking with Harvey and his daughter, some of the finer details of his operation, but one thing is the TOLL POSITION concept can cover a wide range of products and services.

His original course had the bonus sections on Copyright, Trademarks, Patents, Formulas, Processes etc.

But any B2B has the following moving parts:

Contact, query, discussion, negotiation, agreement, legal, contract, fulfillment (distribution), performance, including penalty for non performance, payment, etc.

This is all SOP in B2B transactions.

In a couple of Harvey's situations, his consumers are retailers, so he only deals with a very manageable 100 or so customers, as opposed to, say, Ben Suarez who has 6 million customers (B2C).

One guy, like me too, looks for Intellectual Property (IP), and this eliminates the need for inventory, shipping and handling, which today can be easily outsourced.

And IP takes many shapes and forms from a song to a cartoon character to a comic book character, which are making fortunes for their owners.

As you say, these are BUSINESSES and they all have a common flow, from product development/acquisition to marketing and fulfillment and all stops in between.

Licensing is one form of a toll position, but it doesn't matter what one chooses to do, there is TIME involved, and the clock starts ticking when the Entrepreneur starts doing.

Bob Blagg started with conversations with Harvey and myself, and now he has a product endorsed by Joe Sugarman and others because he proceeded to take action one day, one step at a time, and it wasn't always easy.

Sort of like some guys who are NOW ready to chattel, and it will take them a year or two to build up profitable networks.

Whatever it is, it is going to take some time (or buy a lottery ticket and hope) to achieve proficiency in what you do.

Business, not a hobby.

Gordon

Hi Gordon a

nd everyone,

I think one thing which has to be kept in mind is that these are not "get rich quick" schemes...

I think - maybe subconsciously - many people are looking for schemes where, once they know the "secret," money will fall into their lap like magic...

(That's probably why "The Secret" was so popular! As that's more-or-less what it supposedly promised... I won't rant on about it now, but I believe there are many "flaws" in "The Secret"... which is why most of the "believers" in "The Secret" are pretty much the same as they were before they bought it...)

With any Brody or Cossman type of approach, you still have to build a business. Where it is different is your chance of succeeding is greatly increased, and your chance of failing is greatly decreased... Plus, when you succeed, you can succeed "bigger" than you would have otherwise.

But it's not a "get rich quick" scheme, and you're still building a business...!

It's also not necessarily "easy" to do... Not every "toll position" is a strong one (as "spyglass" pointed out with his early efforts), so it can take some "digging" to get those strong toll positions...

But is it worth the effort? One "strong" toll position can set you up for life...

I think I remember Gordon mentioning that Benjamin Suarez would have, on average, 1 successful product out of every 7 products he promoted (and he's made millions with that success rate)! I do believe the Brody or Cossman success rate is actually higher than that... But it's not "magic," and you still need to build a business.

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page