Go to the Main Business Forum page

HARVEY BRODY - Long Lost Article On The King Of The VIRTUAL CORPORATION [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HARVEY BRODY - Long Lost Article On The King Of The VIRTUAL CORPORATION

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Don Alm
May 21, 2015, 01:25 PM
Yup.....I remember reading Brody's stuff. He talked about "Getting TOLL Positions" where people had to pay you a "FEE" to get the product/s they wanted.

And....I remember the piece about checking "Injection Mold" makers to see if there were any "abandoned" molds available that one could pick up and run with.

Well.....this motivated ME to go see a couple of "Mold" biznesses and.....at one I found a Baby BIB that was one piece and.....had a large cup-like thingee at the bottom to catch "spill"......making it easier for mom to clean up after meals.

They had 2 actual completed pieces. I asked for and got permission to take one to use as a sample to do some "research" to see if I wanted to start producing them again.

Well.....I went to some "Infant" stores to get their opinions and.....they all told me they liked the item and thought it would sell and to come up with a price.

I also went to my contact at Walgreen Drugs and they too....liked the item, in fact, when I told them IF I made a Commercial.....would they be interested in having a "TAG" to send consumers to a "TEST" store.

This would mean they'd have to purchase an initial supply for the Test store.

So.....I knew a guy who worked for Ron Popeil who told me he'd help me put the Commercial together.

But.....I was building my Burglar Alarm biz at that time and my wifee told me to CONCENTRATE ON MY EXISTING BIZ and not go off in another direction even though I tried to explain I'd have "others" doing the "work".

However.....Harvey DID inspire me to take my "Portable Alarm" and hire an attorney to get the Patent Process started.

This was a nice-looking wood box type of thing that mounted on a wall or sat on a table and when activated it let off a loud Police-Siren noise and flashing light when it heard 2 high-pitched sounds of breaking glass.

I had a mfg firm make me 5 Samples and I then proceeded to sell dealerships for $7,500 ea. by promoting meetings (similar to today's Webinars) where I'd demo the unit and provide sales & marketing methods to sell to consumers.

So.....thanks for bringing this up.....brought back some good memories.

Don Alm.....loong time entroopeneer

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page