Go to the Main Business Forum page

What are "toll positions"? (A refresher post!) [Archive] - Page 14 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What are "toll positions"? (A refresher post!)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

MichaelWinicki
June 21, 2015, 02:10 PM
Dien, would Harvey Brody still recommend using the Thomas Register of American Manufacturers as a lead source for finding & acquiring injection molds as a toll position?

If yes, what specific type of injection mold would Harvey definitely recommend looking for with hidden stored value? Perhaps it would appear obsolete & totally worthless in todays market, but if modified or tweaked it would be a very profitable toll position?

Would either you or Harvey consider giving the steps & procedures step-by-step which should be taken & followed after the injection molds toll position potential has been analyzed or evaluated by either you, Harvey &/or?

Boy, I'm definitely not a expert when it comes to injection molds and the whole premise of acquiring obsolete equipment but the way that whole industry moved off shore I would certainly do a lot of research into it. I have to think the initial costs would be large and with the ability of foreign entities to be able to "knock-off" products... it strikes me as being extremely risky.

I have buddies in the model railroad hobby business and they have shared some of the ins and out of creating products with injection molds and how it's still far less expensive to source from overseas.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page