Go to the Main Business Forum page

What are "toll positions"? (A refresher post!) [Archive] - Page 29 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What are "toll positions"? (A refresher post!)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

MichaelWinicki
June 22, 2015, 04:06 PM
Can the person take a year off, conduct no business and not lose income?

Even 100k a year consultants can't do that.

So, maybe if Don Alm sets his businesses up on an automatic renewal, where they get invoiced and just pay to continue, yes, he has a good toll position. And with all the programs he's done and they simply renew, he has a great toll booth.

This one year off is one way to test a toll booth.

Many in ownership or CONTROL positions of products can easily do this, most gurus or Experts can not.

Gordon

I don't know if a zero-hour workweek is an applicable test...

Just because many that sell just another me-too product can set up there business so that it takes no hands-on labor in order to keep it going...

Retailer A submits and order and Off-shore VA sends an email to Off-shore manufacturer B who ships the order directly to Retailer A.

To me a "Toll Position" is one ultimately where the customer has to go through me in one manor or another in order to get the product or service they desire... They can not get it from anyone else... I may be the wholesaler in that instance, and the customer is getting it from a retailer who gets it from me, but they still have to go through my "toll" in order to get the product.

Now if you want to combine that POV with the zero-hour workweek that's A-OK.

Me personally, I like to work and wouldn't know what to do with myself if I were not spending a chuck of my week working on by business hobbies. :)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page