Go to the Main Business Forum page

$125.00 a day with free (or cheap) pallets and lights. [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : $125.00 a day with free (or cheap) pallets and lights.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

sandalwood
June 26, 2015, 11:13 AM
Thanks Gordon for the info. There was a thread a while back on selling home made A Frame signs to local stores and they sold well. I wonder what other items local businesses might buy. Must be some some really profitable items out there that can be sourced real cheap and local businesses would buy.
If anyone has ideas let us know.

Trevor

Trevor,

It would seem to me anything business uses that can be sourced real cheap would be bought by local businesses. Let's take printer cartridges. Our office bought them at Office Depot. We did some research and found them at half the price. Guess where we bought them.

The trick of course lies in the sourcing. Most of us don't want to take the time to do the research. But if you do, money can be made.

Here is a real live example. I'll leave out the name as I don't want anyone thinking it is an affiliate link. Vacations.

Yep, vacations. It is a 7 trillion dollar a year business world wide. You can get a 4 or 5 star hotel package for less than all those TV advertised sites. Take Trivago. They claim to have the lowest price. Nope. This company does.

What's the difference? Well money obviously. Trivago makes more when prices are higher even though they have lower prices than Kayak and the others. The other difference is the guys who started this company did a lot of research and found a way to not only make a lot of money but have a real live savings program.

I wonder how many of us are willing to do that kind of leg work and then follow it up with the action it takes to market the program.

Just my 2¢...

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page