Go to the Main Business Forum page

Writer's Forum FAIL...and other SowPub NEWS [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Writer's Forum FAIL...and other SowPub NEWS

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

GordonJ
June 30, 2015, 07:33 AM
I have absolutely no doubt that your products are worth the money it's just that personally at the time of the beta test

there wasn't enough info to convince either part of my brain that it was worth taking the plunge. Maybe I needed more of a sales pitch - not sure!

You are 100 % accurate, we did ZERO selling or promotion, by design.

This is an important key, for everyone. There is a "tipping point" in every buy/no buy decision, some reach that point quickly, with little to no information...and this is one reason why copywriters have some long promotions, Agora and Boardroom send out magalogs full of information.

People need enough information to reach their decision.

Thanks for bringing up a very important point for discussion.

Are you providing enough of the right kind of information to help your prospect choose to become your customer? Often times, a simple bullet point promotion (ala Bill Meyers) is all that is needed, for other times, a more detailed promotion.

And the audience or person intersecting with the promotion makes a quick decision as to continue reading or not too. Graphics and pictures are a strong element to capture the eye and hold it through the Attention getting stage of a promotion.

In our Beta test, we wanted minimal interaction to see if there would be a decision, we found out not much info was needed for some, and the reasons why...which is helpful in designing our next campaign.

Test, test and test the saying goes, but know why and what for too.

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page