Go to the Main Business Forum page

Some pointers needed on Chatteling [Archive] - Page 10 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Some pointers needed on Chatteling

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15

GordonJ
September 4, 2015, 12:35 PM
Facebook groups have become popular due to a risk associated with craigslist, we are the county where the "craigslist killer" got his start.

I agree freecycle is a hustler's game, I like daily MUNDANE, nothing heavy, back of the car, easy to transport UNLESS, it is a bigger deal, where moving and trucks are involved.

I also preach against storage, I know some, like Mike Senoff, teach to wait for the right price, I still believe that circulation beats storage all day long.

I find plenty on craigslist, but, if your area is more rural, you may need other venues.

The objective is to keep the money in motion, and build it up.

Gordon

Freecycle is a race.

I've used it to get rid of stuff I didn't want and almost everything goes super-fast, even a heavy old-school CRT television that I stated need two people to lug it out of the property.

And a working tumble drier was not just claimed but also collected within about an hour of posting.

If you're super fast then you can pick some good stuff up but you will need to be lightning fast if my experience is anything to go by.

When I've listed stuff there, I've kept a waiting list (because people have asked to be kept on it) but rarely had to use it. And I kept the total list to one person as from experience if the first person doesn't collect (rare) then the second will be round like a shot.

To date, about the only thing I couldn't give away on Freecycle was a corded phone.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page