Go to the Main Business Forum page

What "Longmire" Taught Me About Marketing [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What "Longmire" Taught Me About Marketing

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Chuck
September 22, 2015, 08:24 PM
Thanks for asking Dien!

Well I decided to try something for our church. We do what's called a "House Blessing" (https://www.facebook.com/New-Braunfels-House-Blessing-445154142299385/timeline/) (Facebook page link) to welcome new folks to the community... or any folks.

So I went to drum up some business. I tried a big sign like one of Glenn O's ezines said... I got LOTS of looks, conversation etc but no takers (by going I did get one lined up from a person I hadn't seen in years and wouldn't have seen unless I'd gone there... so I did get a sign up for us).

I reported my results to Glenn and found out that before they guy he wrote about had used his own sign, he had tested language/offers on a smaller seminar/name tag so that having a big sign would amplify a proven message.

My message was untested.... but, oh well, that's a learning experience.

I got to sit in a booth to watch it while that person checked the other booths so I got to practice attracting the attention of business people.

I noticed the business people who were trying to be sales resistant often walked in herds and had their arms crossed and were in the middle of the aisle unlike the people who wanted to grab free swag from as many people as possible.

The person was offering a free pizza at the best place in town so it was easy once I got their attention to get them to leave a card. I sure hope the person following up gets some good business out of it.

It was fun getting back into practice... hadn't been at a trade show in a LONG TIME to help out that way...

Thanks again for asking!

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page