Go to the Main Business Forum page

Just got my ULINE CATALOG Fall/Winter 2015-2016 [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Just got my ULINE CATALOG Fall/Winter 2015-2016

Pages : 1 [2]

GordonJ
October 16, 2015, 12:55 AM
Reminds me. I was a jewelry courier for Finley Fine Jewelry (they had the Oneil's account in this area) and once a week, I'd make a sidetrip to pick up SIGNS that were being laminated...

in some women's basement. She had quite a lucrative sideline.

A few years ago, I made some laminated white boards, lap top size, for a few courses we were thinking about...one was a series of white boards for Copywriting, we had blue (non duplicating lines) prompts on each, one was for the HEADLINE, and you could write and erase as many times as you wanted, to SEE how it looked.

I think we did several Hotsheets, which were laminated, and seeing this little "Industrial" machine in the Uline catalog, triggered the old memory cells...and in one of those boxes I look at once a year, in one of the many notebooks is an outline and probably a fleshed out biz plan for these little unknown, seldom discussed businesses.

I love laptop whiteboards, and dry erase markers, let's you capture your thoughts in all the colors of your mind.

Gordon

I Love getting catalogs still.

I've written down 10 ideas just from the first half of the catalog.

It points out just how big business is, and their need for stuff like this. ULINE specializes in Shipping Supplies, but they are so much more than that.

I call it the IDEA catalog.

Hope you get yours this week.

Gordon

PS. SOON, the Holiday catalogs arrive, YIPPEE.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page