Go to the Main Business Forum page

Getting out of your comfort zone... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Getting out of your comfort zone...

Dien Rice
December 31, 2015, 02:20 PM
I haven't written much about it, but...

I'm currently in Africa. West Africa, in fact... I'm establishing an import/export business here (with a business partner)...

There are so many opportunities I can see here. The reason why I can see them, and many of the locals can't, is because I went out of my comfort zone... I know what goes on elsewhere in the world, and I can clearly see many things which are "lacking" here, which are definitely opportunities. (However, one business project at a time, I keep telling myself!)

I met an American here, he works in logistics as a freelancer, and currently works for a helicopter company. The company flies helicopters across the oil fields. His job is to ensure that the spare parts for those helicopters are there when they need them.

He recently worked in Norway... Now, he's scheduled to work in Nigeria. (He's currently waiting for his visa so he can work there.)

Nobody at the helicopter company wanted to work in Nigeria. (Nigeria is a country which also has oil, like Norway does.) He put his hand up, and said, "I'll work there." He was the only one! As a result, he can virtually name his price... So he's going to be well paid for it!

This guy, I think, is a guy who LOVES going outside of his comfort zone...

(Not sure I'd want to work in Nigeria, though, to be honest...)

I think this shows the value of leaving your comfort zone... It may not always be pleasant, there's always a good side and a bad side! But... often it is the key to finding more and more lucrative opportunities...!

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page