Go to the Main Business Forum page

People are still making money on eBay...! [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : People are still making money on eBay...!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Dien Rice
March 27, 2016, 10:00 PM
I've sold all kinds of things on eBay...

Many years ago, I managed to pick up a whole bunch of Rio MP3 Players cheap. (These were in the days before the Apple iPod...)

I can't really remember how I got them, now. But they were brand new, still sealed in their packaging.

I sold them on eBay. Made a good profit, too!

Other times I bought and sold DVD box sets. (I bought them cheap from a local store, that sold them as "loss leaders"... Probably sold them below their cost, to bring people into the store. I found I could sell them on eBay for a good profit.)

I bought and sold second-hand laptops. Now, in this case, I didn't always sell on eBay. However, I often bought on eBay - and sold through the local trade newspaper. I could make hundreds of bucks per sale!

Now, I haven't sold on eBay for a while... But I'm gearing up to do some more. (Through a different business venture, I happen to be stuck with two boxes of new electronics... which I think I'll just sell on eBay. That's the easiest way, I figure, to turn it into cash...)

Anyway, I hadn't read much about eBay lately. Remember when it was the hot new thing?

It turns out, people are still making big bucks on eBay...

I came across this article...

It's about a retired fighter pilot selling cellphone accessories, electronics, and workwear on eBay in the UK. And...

He's turning over £100,000 British pounds - or over $140,000 US dollars - a year!

(I don't know what his actual profit is... But I'm sure he's making a decent amount of profit...)

Hmmm... Turns out he hires two staff to help him out to sell all that stuff...!

The point is... some of the ways to make money that may now seem "old"... still work!

Meet Britain's oldest eBay seller who turned his hobby into a business making £100,000 a year
http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/meet-britains-oldest-ebay-seller-7537365

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page