Go to the Main Business Forum page

Joe Karbo and the HOTSHEET... [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Joe Karbo and the HOTSHEET...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Dien Rice
May 5, 2016, 02:59 AM
I'm frequently asked the difference between a HOTSHEET and a cheatsheet.

HOTSHEETS have an expiration date, many cheat sheets don't need updating for years.

Pete Egler's TN Hunting and Fishing HOTSHEET had a monthly expiration date, because of the moon cycles. My Lottery HOTSHEETS had an expiration on them.

It is what makes them HOT.
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for this explanation!

I can imagine there could be potentially hundreds of time-limited hotsheets one could create...

What are some of them?

One that comes to mind is SALES... I imagine you could compile a weekly list of where discount sales were in your area. Sure, the info is out there, but having it all in one place would (I think) be valuable...

Especially closeout/liquidation type sales. You can often make money from those. I think I'd pay for that.

I can see how a FISHING hotsheet (as you mentioned) could work... As good ocean fishing for specific fish will often vary with the tides, and thus with the moon...

Maybe another one could be... a hotsheet on IDEAS retailers can use to create FREE PUBLICITY to "piggyback" on current "hot" news!

(This will need constant updating, as the "hot" news keeps changing...)

I'm going to "brainstorm" on time-limited hotsheets and see what else I can come up with... :)

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. Actually... I'll also refresh my memory and re-read Gordon's book on Hotsheets (http://www.hotsheetprofits.com/)... :)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page