Go to the Main Business Forum page

One perhaps for the Chatteler's in the house [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : One perhaps for the Chatteler's in the house

Pages : 1 [2]

Dien Rice
May 16, 2016, 11:31 AM
Hello all. Was browsing the WF this morning and I saw this in the offline section, another ho-hum title but the third post in it caught my eye in relation to a spin on CL and chatteling that might prove of some use here.

The main thrust of his method is most likely a little bit over used for logos etc but post 3 may provide some food for thought if applied to chatteling:

http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-marketing/1184576-how-make-extra-200-more-per-week.html

I don't know personally, I don't chattel but perhaps worth a look for those here who do.
Thanks for sharing that Aphex!

The essence of the idea is getting stuff for free, and then selling it...

Very recently, we (my wife and I) needed some desks. Well, we scoured the ads (here, "Gumtree" is pretty much a copy of "Craigslist")...

She spotted a whole bunch of free desks, being given away! I think they were old office desks which some business was getting rid of.

We actually needed more than one, and managed to get three free desks. They were in good condition too!

(We paid a friend with a pickup truck to help us to move them.)

In this case, we didn't want to sell them, as we were going to use them. However, of course, once you take them, you can do what you like with them.

So, although we didn't make money, we easily saved ourselves maybe $150 or more compared to if we had bought them...!

Best wishes!

Dien

P.S. Those desks went fast though, as we called up again later to see if any were left, and they were all gone. Good free stuff goes quickly!

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page