Go to the Main Business Forum page

Trump gets the day off...but he'll be back... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Trump gets the day off...but he'll be back...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

GordonJ
August 8, 2016, 08:34 PM
At least my slings and arrows will be back.
But today, how about

Walmart and
Jet.com

One guy spent 18,000 to win a contest, getting members signed up a year ago...and he won. Got some stock.

TODAY. His stock could be worth between 20 and 30 MILLION DOLLARS.

So what will tomorrow look like?

See, retail shopping is shrinking quickly, MALLS are closing right and left.
As I mentioned several months ago, they would make great

DELIVERY centers

Chapel Hill Mall is 10 mins away and has over 30 store vacancies and more to come. It is conveniently located.

I actually wrote to a couple of Fortune 100 companies suggesting it could be a North East Ohio delivery center, within a couple of hours of one of the densest populations in the country.

Couple those with a small fleet of trucks and strategic "mini warehouse" locations and you could deliver millions of products a day to consumers.

Now, Jet.com is a basic DROP SHIPPER.

Sure we've talked about this before, with books and such.

Amazon has built huge distribution centers, well, Walmart already has them, and now with Jet in the fold, will usher in a new era of at home shopping.

I predict that within 5 years most grocery stores will be half the size they are now, and some of the larger ones will PARTNER up with Walmart or Amazon and become one of their affiliate distribution centers too.

Very very soon, you will order your new TV online and it could be delivered in 2 hours, or probably less time than it takes your cable company to hook it up.

Now Jet is about PRICING, as is Walmart, and the more you buy the more savings. With data management, you will receive phone alerts whenever your staple items are due to be repurchased...

so, your laundry list might be

Soap, dryer sheets, bleach, stain removers. And they can have it to you in the afternoon, you just text an OK or remove or add to the list and authorize payment.

Then it is delivered to your door. Or, in some areas, delivered by DRONE.

P&G for example already has thousands of regional supply centers known as Walmart (or Sam's) stores...and they, the stores will have automated delivery from the Mfgr.

So, when a box of Tide is sold in Cleveland, the replacement box is en route, and targeted toward a specific customer who buys once a month.

The data will become so accurate, they can reduce the shelf space, eliminating big stores, and have smaller stores with bigger "back rooms", which will act as distribution centers. The Walmart you see today, will have been redone with half of the store in the back room.

AI will have it all automated, even launching the drones, or driver less delivery cars. And there will be sizeable reductions in the retail work force...

An opportunity to retrain millions of current retail employees.

But keep in mind, Jet.com is basically a Drop Shipping company

This 3 Billion dollar CASH buy, will open the doors to many biz-ops...

So, start brainstorming how you can cash in on what is about to happen.

A small fleet of HyBrid delivery vehicles, which get charged from solar panels or a few giant windmills,

Chapel HILL Mall would make a perfect wind farm, and could keep those electric delivery drones charged up.

The future will have a different look.

GordonJ

PS. Of course, if the madman Trump gets elected, all bets are off...for any FUTURE plans. Well, I guess I couldn't give the Donald a day off after all.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page