Go to the Main Business Forum page

A Book for Dien [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A Book for Dien

Pages : 1 [2] 3

GordonJ
August 27, 2016, 09:55 AM
Dien,

I'm surprised. This guy has been around forever, but I never heard of him until last week.

You will love this book. It is a gem.

Nobody Wants To Read Your Sh*t (http://nettrafficmachine.com/tools/Pressfield.pdf)

Richard

Pressfield is my second favorite Steve in the world of golf writing. Although Bagger Vance had its critics, the "authentic" swing he gets Matt Damon (in the movie, Junuh in the book) is much like the void he would have writer's enter with nothing, and come back with something.

The guy has written, and written and his copy writer's background, makes this work a real gem, Thanks Richard for the share.

GordonJ

PS. My other "Steve" is Stephen Potter, who wrote one of the best golf books ever, also a gem, and is in in my opinion, as good as either The Art of War or The War of Art...

And is a fantastic guide to persuasion and influence: The Theory and Practice of Gamesmanship.

Read a few of Potter's books, you'll chuckle your way to becoming a better persuader.

The old movie School for Scoundrels could be updated to: The IM School for Scoundrels, with all the ploys, gambits and shenanigans marketers use.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page