Go to the Main Business Forum page

Why people hate their jobs, do you concur? [Archive] - Page 9 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Why people hate their jobs, do you concur?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

GordonJ
September 4, 2016, 11:28 PM
I think I now see what you are saying.

A lot of people spend their lives as very poor
communicators, and then wonder why they aren't
getting ahead.

So their real "prison" is their inability to
clearly define and communicate what they want.

Thanks for this insight; part of why I LOVE this
forum.

Bingo Plus.

But see, this is not taught in schools, it should be in elementary grades all the way through.

It has 2 parts; Self communication/communicating with others.

For over 30 years, my first question has been what do you want, followed by WHY? And sadly, most people can't answer this.

As it relates to selling, we as someone trying to sell know what we want, a sale.

Great salesman can be trained, or some are natural, especially when the greens and yellows get into selling, the RED types, and we've had our share here...

are the guys proclaiming how they can sell ICE to Eskimos, and are not shy about thumping their own chests or horn TOOTING, being 'little old me" so and so can do it, types.

These are ways to get faster results.
More sales, quicker sales, more satisfied customers.

Take pizza shops, and many of the independents are run by some gruff characters who probably don't fit in with the jobs they've had...and many are REDS. And they want to be the boss, who is RIGHT. All the time.

Knowing I'm walking into an independently owned shop, I observe how it is decorated, how it looks, then when I meet the owner, a couple of quick questions, instant cold reading...

And enter into the communication style which might best suit him. In his case, it is ALWAYS his conclusion he wants what I have, never me trying to persuade or tell him anything, I appeal to him being the boss and

you know better than I do about your business, is this a truth you've learned over the years (question about business)

His answer will be followed by the look of a grateful student who has just learned Einstein's secret, and with awe...supporting his need for this feeling. And I pretty much start telling him why he doesn't need it.

His strong desire to communicate that he is the boss, and he'll make the decisions and not me...will often as not be the Cialdini "commitment" signal and he will remain consistent with this DECISION which he made.

That sort of a thing.

But if the shop is a Franchise, the owner may have to run any advertising through the home office and I would communicate his desire to both tell the home office what he is going to do (be the boss) in a way that gets us both what we want, approval.

Knowing the types instantly helps, if you enter into a floral shop, the guy might be a yellow and want to please everyone, so his forte is great customer service, and I'd appeal to that right up front...

Well Mr. Novelli, I've heard you have the best customer service in the area, what would your customers think of _______.

BUT.... back on track.

We have to ask and honestly answer ourselves these questions, the

want, and why and

motivation and inspiration and where all this is taking us, and I just as soon slide down a chute to get further down toward the end of my game, than spend time climbing ladders.

Some salesman would rather climb a tall tree and tell tales, than to stay on the ground and just tell the truth...

here is what I can do for you. Want it or not?

Gets that simple when you are in TCA and work from types always serving the best interest of either Barney Fife or Aunt Bee types.

GordonJ

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page