Go to the Main Business Forum page

Fly Low-Collect the Dough 2016 style. [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fly Low-Collect the Dough 2016 style.

GordonJ
September 13, 2016, 08:55 AM
Yesterday I had a lot of phone time, maybe shouldn't have posted about nobody calling. Anyways, 3 of the conversations were about business opportunity and making money.

At the end of the day, my best advice for anyone who wants to FLY LOW AND COLLECT THE DOUGH is...

Chatteling. Just darn hard to beat it.

Sure, I like IM, we've been here 16 years and before that I was online since 1985 involved in commerce, even back in the day when commerce was a dirty word.

Web sites, blogs, Automatic Product Vending sites, affiliate sites, eBay, Amazon, Kindle, even Clickbank back when... and it has all added up to a profitable experience.

Created and sold tons of reports, hotsheets, postcards, and sold advertising and services OFF LINE as well.

SO, it is not like I'm a newb when it comes to online stuff. My first few months on the www, Melvin Powers introduced me to Charles Prosper, who told me to lock myself in my house and learn html, so I could create my own sites. I did.

And I had the good fortune that Cuyahoga Falls was one of the first TEST cities for Time Warner Cable, because we are densely populated in a linear fashion, so I was much faster than most people for the first couple of years.

That is the backdrop. The "green screen". Pretty pictures of Hawaiian beaches and bikinis.

After yesterday, I'm probably more convinced the best and fastest use of the Internet to make money is...

to use it as a TOOL for Chatteling.

Simple stuff.

Amazon for general price ranges.
Craigslist for stuff for sale
Google for sale stuff
eBay for up to the minute MARKET VALUE (determined by what people actually pay via sold listings)

Pretty much it.

And, a recurring theme I am NOW advocating is the middleman approach. In the original Chattel Report, I had a map...and the advice of buy over there, sell over here.

Today, as Dien can testify, it could be buy in Aus, sell in Gambia.

NO limits on where to sell stuff.

It is still the largest daily CASH exchange market in the world. Probably as much value gets exchanged daily as what takes place with Forex.

From a 38,000 buck Kubota tractor, to a 175 buck roomba, to a 11 million dollar small yacht...there are billions of dollars exchanging hands daily and is as simple a "business" as one can do.

And even at the lower end where 200 to 400 dollars a day is the goal, there is an UNLIMITED SUPPLY matched with an

UNLIMITED DEMAND FOR STUFF, and if one takes a Middleman approach to it all, it becomes one of the fastest, easiest ways to put cashola into one's pocket there is...

without having to have a business license
without getting permits
bank accounts
permission from gov'ts (unless you go International)

NO, it isn't easy as in eeezy peezy Internet Marketing as touted by IM Gurus who have a launch to sell through their syndicates...

It is work. It is contact with people. It is getting to know things.

It does take effort. It takes time.

You probably just can't jump in selling $250,000 X-Ray machines like a former partner...but you sure as heck can buy those faucets in the morning and sell them in the afternoon for a profit.

Or that saw sharpener. Or that Power8 Workshop, or any number of exercise equipment, golf clubs, custom made drapes, bicycles.

There is an endless supply of chattel being sold, and bought, and

IF anyone is looking for a

FLY LOW AND COLLECT THE DOUGH strategy, I can't think of anything which beats it day in and day out.

But, sitting at a computer for hours on end can give one an endless supply of kittens chasing laser beams, very amusing and entertaining stuff.

Chattelers today have it made in the shade, if they aren't afraid of getting a little bit of sunshine on them as they see the people and

buy over there
sell over here.

Stand in the gap, make the moolah.

GordonJ

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page