Go to the Main Business Forum page

CHATTEL ALERT as good as drapes and sneakers??? [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : CHATTEL ALERT as good as drapes and sneakers???

Pages : 1 2 [3]

GordonJ
September 18, 2016, 01:36 PM
Thanks Gordon,

I hadn't thought of "chatteling" faucets and bathroom fixtures...

But undoubtedly there's no reason why you can't do it, especially if you can buy at a good price...!

There are probably a lot of other "surprising" things you can buy and sell at a profit, that most people don't think of...

Best wishes,

Dien

I used to buy certain things from SCI once they were down to returns and overstocks. Once upon a time, they had employee sales, and you could buy stuff for a buck. I think they still offer pallets of returns and overstocked items

I belong to several groups, with pallets and truckloads of "stuff" for sale. You went the store route, and many have a retail outlet, but there is still a booming and growing market for ebay and craigslist, the SECRET is to have a partner or two who will take care of business, recently a Hartville company sold off its inventory and ebay business, which was making a decent income.

When it comes to chattel, $100 bikes, $300 drapes, $1,000 faucets

$10,000 boats or 85,000 buck Kubota tractors...find the hungry market, the BUYERS first and things go much smoother.

Even by the pallet or truckload I'd prefer to have a buyer lined up, even though the profits might be much lower than if I sold everything myself.

Except fot the tools of the Internet, chatteling is pert near the same as when Joe Karbo was selling boxes. Buy over here, sale over there for a profit.

The MIDDLEMAN approach.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page