Go to the Main Business Forum page

NEW newsletter, once or twice a week? [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : NEW newsletter, once or twice a week?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

ron lafuddy
September 21, 2016, 02:17 PM
OK.

New newsletter. Fly-Low--Collect Dough UPDATE HOTLINE

Once or twice a week? Your thoughts?

Trying some new things here, mine is a new email newsletter. Short, pithy with a Q and A. MY thoughts are once a week isn't enough, 3 a week is too much...does that make 2 a good idea?

I'm thinking Tuesdays and Saturdays. A combo of seasoned ideas from SowPub/GJA along with fresh content, targeted toward my

FLY LOW AND COLLECT THE DOUGH CROWD.

Do you want on the list?

GordonJ

I think the newsletter is a great idea!

Over the last 24 mos or so, I've tried out a simple concept with pretty good success. My plan was to start a new "fly low" type of business every 60 days and train someone else to run the day to day.

This is working out well.

I lay out the gameplan and put the marketing in place. I put up the upfront money for whatever is needed. This gets real interesting when you add barter/trading into the mix.

Anyway, I've found that existing businesses are interested in some of the "add on" things I've come up with. This has given me access to cash, a location, inventory, existing marketing and an existing customer base.

It's fascinating what you can negotiate for...from just an idea. It's like printing money, without the risk.

There's nothing new to any of this, just my particular approach.

As we head into the whirlwind that is coming, I expect the "fly low generation" to be a large part of it.

It will be here sooner than you think.

Ron

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page