Go to the Main Business Forum page

NEW newsletter, once or twice a week? [Archive] - Page 6 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : NEW newsletter, once or twice a week?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

GordonJ
September 23, 2016, 07:55 AM
I'm all for that newsletter Gordon! Here's the latest "news" on my Fly Low Collect The Dough situation...After talking with my wife about her BOOK find...I gave her a few tips...suggestions...and what not...(thanks to you showing me how to "ASK" the right questions) and low and behold...she is meeting soon with a possible "buyer"...a true bibliomaniac...also...turns out the book find was originally owned by a well known book dealer/bibliomaniac from the Fullerton Ca. area...well connected man...so well...she found his personal invite to Bill Clinton's inaugural address...she is super excited...Her "buyer" takes trips from Portland Or. to LA. all the time to visit friends...and Book Scout for books...said he would love to meet up and take a look at the lot...good stuff...Thanks for your help. Here's a link to The New Yorker article of her buyer... http://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/an-old-school-book-scout ...She read the article...found him on FB...got his number...gave him a call! Worked out good that we are "transplants" from Oregon...I used to frequent Powell's Book Store all the time...also one of HIS favorite book haunts...;)

Until a transaction, you have STORED VALUE.
Once that is converted....

BE thrifty, frugal and and try to get both of you in a "make it grow" mode.

Easy to spend windfalls of any kind, size or shape. Harder to reinvest, but more profitable in the long run.

And that is just ONE niche, keep ordinary, everyday, steady-stream stuff in mind too. Hidden treasures are harder to find, but don't jump over the quarters to get to the dollar bill, eh?

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page