Go to the Main Business Forum page

One day workshops, classes, and teachings. [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : One day workshops, classes, and teachings.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Dien Rice
October 6, 2016, 12:54 AM
I believe every person reading this, could offer a class on IM, for say 49 bux for three hours on a Sat. morning and have 8 to 10 students easily, although I suggest only 4 to 6 in a class.

Any questions?
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for sharing this post about short classes...

I agree, I think you can make good dough doing this - though I haven't done it myself. (I know you have done it many times!)

My question is... What about the venue?

Do you have to shell out money to get a venue for your class? How can you do this cost-effectively?

I imagine the venue will differ of course depending on the class... For example, a baking class would be different from a scrapbooking class...

I'm very tempted to make a list of short courses (say, 1 to 3 hours) I could teach...! :)

(Maybe, "How to Annoy Gordon 101" ? ;) )

More seriously, there are quite a few topics I could do... One that springs to mind is, How to write a media release. (I've written a number of successful media releases, so far they all led to published articles, usually in newspapers... So I could easily teach a short course or do a workshop on this... :) )

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page