Go to the Main Business Forum page

Advice for marketing a print newsletter [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Advice for marketing a print newsletter

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

GordonJ
November 3, 2016, 10:13 AM
I'm on Dien's Hidden Business Letters list (and a past paid subscriber too). There are some business ideas in them that I did research on but never implemented (life got in the way). Now I want to turn some of those ideas into a paid newsletter, and offer generic business plans to go with the ideas from my newsletter.

Here's where advice and suggestions are needed, because it's where I'm stuck: How do you market a paid newsletter when no one knows you?

Here's what I came up with after contacting Dien (thank you for suggesting the post here):
1. Classified ads in business opportunity magazines.

2. Articles on business opportunity blogs with link to trial sign-up page.

3. Comments on small/ homebased business sites with link to trial sign-up page.

Have been online since the dinosaurs roamed the earth, so doing my own sites isn't a problem. Also see the "for your email address, I'll send you a free report" shtick being done well for internet marketers. I can put together a freebie sample of a newsletter, but at some point it's going to wear thin with the 'freebie' thing.

Experience: Accountant, community program newsletter editor/publisher/researcher, Bookeeper association newsletter writer/editor.

Inexperience: Copywriting, selling (took me a year to sell one set of pots and pans) and ended with using an auction house to sell items I picked up after reading the Chattel report.

So any help, advice or suggestions would help. Thank you.
Georjina

P.S. Sorry this was so long.

So, who? When you say generic, how does it set you apart from, say Entrepreneur which has been delivering generic biz plans for decades?

What would be unique or different about yours?

We've done pretty well with these generic business ideas, what would your plans include? To start, you would borrow some cred, via a JV, with an established marketer with a list of people whom you feel would make a good target.

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page