Go to the Main Business Forum page

What is your future customer doing today? [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What is your future customer doing today?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

GordonJ
January 26, 2017, 08:12 PM
a Cash Back Referral System. It was a coupon book of cash back referrals for tradesmen; roofers, window and other big ticket home improvement. Didn't work as he had hoped.

Recently he told me, he is soon returning to the Rack Job SNACK and wholesale business with a specialty cookie, I believe. I was glad to hear it, he was in the Nut biz for over a decade and he liked the PULL of consumable snacks.

Cookies worked for Amos (hear he got famous), Mrs. Fields, Little Debbie, Otis Spunkmeyer, the Girl Scouts, the Voortman Bros. and even super models like Karlie Kloss of Karlie's Kookies.

Steve has owned a couple of franchises, is a master Print Broker and still does Print Advertising and promotional products. Once he has a Flag Ship cookie, I'll try the flirt technique with a lottery scratch off wrapped around a cookie?

Gordon

Like many of you, I've done the shoe leather to the pavement gig. The calling and selling thing. This is a push strategy, and push can become a grind.

Like I said to my breakfast the other day, "You had me at Krispy", I was magnetically pulled to the small display case of fresh donuts, and was apparently hypnotized or was it seduced? That Maple Cream Smiley Face was flirting with me.

Anyhow, when Steve had his nut kiosks and the warmers, the smell was the pull. A sample nut closed the deal.

I like pull, such as the Ice Cones on a hot summer day at the fairgrounds. Pulls me in every time.

So in addition to the question of What is your future customer doing right now, add in a marketing question, how can I PULL them in rather than PUSH them to buy. As a pitchman for cutlery, the bigger the crowd, the bigger it became.

I think the Glenn "flirting" and tipping as you go thing is very much PULL, and the result of his case studies, others do some pushing (the giver) onto other people, makes things much easier when they want to come to you.

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page