Go to the Main Business Forum page

Chatteling (Flipping) can be a full time gig. [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Chatteling (Flipping) can be a full time gig.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

GordonJ
March 1, 2017, 09:13 AM
Hi Gordon,

You're right... chatteling can be a full time gig!

I did it full time for a while... If you do it right, you can pretty much guarantee an income. The better you get at it, the better your income gets, too.

But it is work. It's not something where you can sit back and let the cash roll in. You have to find the items to flip, and you have to sell to the buyers. It's not hard work, but you do have to occasionally get out of your La-Z-Boy recliner to do it!

Nowadays, it's something I keep in my "back pocket"... I know if I need extra cash, I can instantly get up and start doing it. I know where to find the items to flip, I know how to fiip them, and I know how to do it with virtually no risk...

Not a bad skill to have!

It's a kind of "income insurance" if my other income streams are slow... :)

But it can be a full time income, too! (It depends on what you want...)

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. I learned from Gordon's Chattel Report (http://chattelreport.com/index1.html)...

Yes it is. But work is a good word. NOT a nasty one like "Job" (for some).

Only those born with silver spoons get to enjoy the fruit of someone's labor and not their own.

Chatteling or flipping is NO different than any business endeavor, as far as doing something (making transactions) in exchange for value...(agreed upon).

But it is easy to understand, requires no brick and mortar location, can be done with a cell phone and a small car and offers rewards commensurate with the effort made.

Here is where most chattlers go wrong: They spend their profits too soon.

In the original Chattel Report, I presented the concept of circulation vs storage.

Too many would be flippers want to hold on to stuff because they think:

it is worth more than X

But a quick turn over, a fast profit and the money kept in rapid circulation is going to beat the wait and hold out guy every day of the week.

Thinking on physics concepts is some of the hardest work there is, and relatively few can do it.

Buying a camera and selling it? Even my 11 year old kid did it.

Even those with great TOLL positions have to WORK, to insure their infrastructure is intact and functioning properly.

Only the idle rich don't work, and they, as a group, are some of the nastiest people on the face of the planet. Born on third base, they act like they hit a triple to get there.

Work. A great concept none of us are afraid of, right?

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page