Go to the Main Business Forum page

I got a lot of questions, over the next few days, I'll give my answers...but, if you [Archive] - Page 16 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I got a lot of questions, over the next few days, I'll give my answers...but, if you

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22

GordonJ
April 28, 2017, 07:59 AM
Have you heard of the advice to write the sales letter FIRST before the product?

What do you think of that? Do you recommend that?

When I had "students", I almost always made them write the sales pitch first.

Now, we're talking about creating info products out of thin air, and the air inside my head is as thin as it gets.

If acquiring a product, or working off of something already known, you can build from general knowledge about the subject.

Writing the PROMOTION does help in several ways. It helps organize your thoughts, it keeps your ideal PROSPECT (avatar) clearly in your bubble of preoccupation, and it makes you consider the MEDIA, or place, where the INTERSECTION takes place.

So, I believe it is a good idea to write the promotion (rough draft) before you make it or create it.

Sometimes, in the real world, you're handed a thing and told to write copy. For example, I was once given a tea cup from the TITANIC and asked to write a promotion about it. Other considerations came into play, including how it fit in the "catalog" of collectibles for this.

I wrote a promotion for a golf club and had to make the mundane interesting and exciting. Wedges aren't as exciting as Drivers, putters and utility clubs.

So, if thinking of adding to your INFORMATION EMPIRE, then sure, write promo first.

It makes you THINK. Nothing wrong with that unless it is all you do, eh?

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page