Go to the Main Business Forum page

I need help filling a Concert Hall [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I need help filling a Concert Hall

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Dien Rice
May 24, 2017, 11:43 PM
I've appreciated the creative thinking when it comes to making money on this site. I have a friend who is putting on a jazz concert in a theatre that seats about 1200 in a city, with a population of about 800,000. The performers have been performing for 40+ years, and traveling US and Europe performing.

Ticket sales so far are slow. We will use radio and a newspaper ad. Is there anything we could do with craigslist and anything else to sell tickets?
Hi Will,

I think you need to know...

* Are you reaching the right people? Ideally, you want to reach the type of people who have been to jazz concerts before. People who have never been to a jazz concert before are probably less likely to go to your one...

* Maybe you are reaching the right people, but your advertisements are no good... Many people don't realize that creating an effective advertisement that works is a skill you develop. (If you were willing to post the ad, maybe we could give tips?)

* Is this a once-off, or is this part of a longer term business? If it's longer term, it would be a good idea to build up a list of fans who you can contact in the future for free. If they went to one concert and liked it, it's likely they'll go to more in the future...

* Can you reach more people for free? If you know how to do it, you may be able to get free publicity. Doing so successfully means you have to put yourself in the shoes of a journalist... They want "newsworthy" stories to write about. You have to find the "newsworthy" story for them, then send it out to them as a media release.

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page