Go to the Main Business Forum page

Do you lack confidence? Here's a weird tip that works for me... [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Do you lack confidence? Here's a weird tip that works for me...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Dien Rice
May 30, 2017, 02:44 AM
Thank you for sharing

I can see how it can help spice things up a bit.

Maybe you've forgotten that the action lies not in the pepper but in your DECISION to act.

If you hadn't made up your mind to ACT, you would just keep eating a lot of HOT chilli pepper
Hi UnPinkPanther...

Yes, true, if I didn't act... I'd just have a burning tongue!

But what I find it does for me is it lightens my mood...

Again, I believe it is the endorphins (your brain produces these in response to pain)...

I also believe in the "mood transference" theory of sales... That is, if you're trying to sell something, and you're depressed... You'll just make your prospect depressed too. But if you're in an enthusiastic mood... your enthusiasm will transfer to your prospect as well!

And they'll be more likely to buy.

If you haven't read it yet, please read Gordon Alexander's "White Bread Story"...

http://sowpub.com/story-whitebread.shtml

I once did a sales job, selling cheap comedy club tickets over the phone, to completely random people. I often won the weekly sales competition... I believe my secret eating of hot chili sauce at the start of my sales day helped me to do it... ;)

(My then-girlfriend, now-wife, called it my "magic feather"... Insultingly comparing me to Dumbo the elephant! The nerve! ;) )

That's the story, and I'm sticking to it...! :)

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page