Go to the Main Business Forum page

Ways I've made CASH in 2017... [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ways I've made CASH in 2017...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

SecretAgentMan
June 22, 2017, 02:44 PM
Those all sound like good projects.

I sell cars and have been working on successfully creating an APV with Gordon.

That's about it.

Recently, I have been contemplating the vast difference between the haves and the have-nots. The truth is, the vast majority of people get to retirement age and they have almost no money in their bank accounts.

Almost everyone you see in the world is living from paycheck to paycheck. If they miss one paycheck their whole world turns upside down. Or you have the savers, but they skimp on quality of life so that they can feel security by stocking away a few months' ahead.

But it's not really going anywhere.

And I was reflecting that in many cases, it is either due to not knowing better, or not trying for better.

There's not knowing better, which is just doing what you've been taught.

For instance, if you go the "linear" route, from entry-level to management and beyond, it takes a ton of effort to go from one level to the next, and the only thing you are working yourself into is another job. That you have to work at every day to ensure your next paycheck.

It's the same old paycheck-to-paycheck with a higher budget.

Then there's not trying for better. That is in being satisfied with what you have. While that's possible, what I suspect is more common is in finding some kind of numbing agent to take away the edge at times.

Television is the opiate of the masses, they say. Well, if you watch too much television, you can spend years getting pretty much nothing done. Goofing off at work, complaining, drinking, partying, doing things like that instead of learning what it takes to get ahead and doing something about it.

Those are what really make this possible more than anything. But I am driven. Maybe I have a high tolerance for pain or an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of the truth, an adventurous spirit that must be filled.

Whatever you might call it, I am willing to go through the frustration of failures to reach what is on the other side, and I have faith that there is something worthwhile there.

That there is more out there, beyond the imaginary barriers set up by our society, for someone who is willing to go "against the grain".

I thought that was somewhat related, as I put on my sunglasses for protection and go back to my sales letter with a chainsaw to cut away all of the dead limbs - cut out everything that doesn't sell. Because if it doesn't sell, it doesn't matter. And the only thing that matters is what sells, and that's all I want to have left after I'm done with it.

Selling is the last truly adventurous job in my opinion. Happy selling!

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page