Go to the Main Business Forum page

Book reviews. Today 3. [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Book reviews. Today 3.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

GordonJ
September 18, 2017, 01:34 PM
One nice thing about going to a bookstore, albeit, harder to find...is LOOKING on the shelves.

I saw all kinds of books I never heard of, took pics, bought several, searched Amazon for Kindle versions, and digital versions. Then, those that I wanted to read but not pay for, passed on to my local library who, based on history, will buy them.

Going OUT and seeing, experiencing what people are doing, being in a bookstore for a couple of hours, browsing, sipping an iced coffee, eating a scone, gets your creative juices flowing.

As for ADD/ADHD, the best thing which works for me, is; blocks of dedicated time, including for goofing off, or doing social activities.

My sweet spot is about 75 mins. Can do 90 to 2 hours, but 75 is what my optimal efficiency is. But the secret is to make certain blocks of time, sacred and unassailable. I write every morning first thing, while the coffee still hasn't kicked in, until it does, and until at least 75 mins have passed. Sometimes it goes for longer, but never shorter unless an emergency.

To avoid getting bored with the immersion into new things, have a related project, which you jump back and forth on, but together they add up. For example. I'm watching NARCOS on Netflix. But then I spend 15 to 30 mins right after doing a google history search of that time period. And compare it to what I was doing then. I was in Miami, for example, working for Amtrak, when the drugs started to flow in.

Point is, I stay interested in the TV show because it is historical, and relates to my generation, which leads me to be introspective, and in one sense, this process has brought me back to GrannyC and the Circular Pubs, which are still pulling in the dough.

So try combining your activities, say a study of NIBIRU with Black Holes (odd example perhaps). I love the end of the world guys, if only I had a dollar for every day in my lifetime the world was going to end...I'd be doing OK?

I think ADD has to be managed or controlled with methods which suit the individual, I don't think one size fits all.

But as for selling, Blount is probably the biggest opponent to the Gitomer styles of selling. I like the TOOTHPICK PETE method.

Best salesman I ever knew. His secret, he just didn't give a shet whether you bought anything or not, was always one of the top performers in every place he worked. Made tons of money, with a simple. "buy this--I'm the expert and you're not" approach.

Like with ADD/ADHD, whatever works for you.

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page