SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you use a timer when you work? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10289)

perryny February 3, 2019 01:51 PM

Do you use a timer when you work?

Hi SowPubbers!

I've created an app that I hope will help many people to complete their projects.

The app is called Project Time Machines, and it is designed for people who want to monitor their progress and improve their performance and effectiveness as they work towards their goals.

If you currently use a timer when you work, AND you have an Android phone (I think it may look terrible on a tablet right now), then I would really appreciate if you could check out the pre-release version of my app and provide any feedback you feel could be helpful.

This app was created based on a project management system I've created for myself many years ago (using index cards and magic markers), which has helped me to build both my computer consulting business, and this app.

About 5 years ago, Gordon here has helped me to put my system into a report, which I shared here and around the IM forums. The plan was to drop that salty peanut and follow it up with another tasty product, maybe in the $9-19 range.

Well, here I am, half a decade later with my follow-up product. It's still a free product, but I've got big features to add to the upcoming Pro version!

You'll never hear me deny that I am the World Champion of Time Wasters. But thanks to my app and my system, I have been able to reach a major milestone after literally years of effort.

Again, if you're able to check it out and let me know what you think, very, very much appreciated.

And thank you Gordon, for letting me share this here.

-Rob

Project Time Machines - Google Play

Dien Rice February 3, 2019 04:03 PM

Congratulations, Rob!

Quote:

Originally Posted by perryny (Post 39595)
Hi SowPubbers!

I've created an app that I hope will help many people to complete their projects.

The app is called Project Time Machines, and it is designed for people who want to monitor their progress and improve their performance and effectiveness as they work towards their goals.

If you currently use a timer when you work, AND you have an Android phone (I think it may look terrible on a tablet right now), then I would really appreciate if you could check out the pre-release version of my app and provide any feedback you feel could be helpful.

This app was created based on a project management system I've created for myself many years ago (using index cards and magic markers), which has helped me to build both my computer consulting business, and this app.

About 5 years ago, Gordon here has helped me to put my system into a report, which I shared here and around the IM forums. The plan was to drop that salty peanut and follow it up with another tasty product, maybe in the $9-19 range.

Well, here I am, half a decade later with my follow-up product. It's still a free product, but I've got big features to add to the upcoming Pro version!

You'll never hear me deny that I am the World Champion of Time Wasters. But thanks to my app and my system, I have been able to reach a major milestone after literally years of effort.

Again, if you're able to check it out and let me know what you think, very, very much appreciated.

And thank you Gordon, for letting me share this here.

-Rob

Project Time Machines - Google Play

Hi Rob,

That's awesome!

I use an iPhone, but I will see if I can try it out on my wife's Android phone... :)

There is really a lot to be said about getting things done. In my experience, when you get things done and put it out there, often doors of opportunity open that wouldn't have opened otherwise... It also gives you immense credibility with other people...

Congratulations Rob on the app! I think you're an inspiration! :)

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. I do sometimes use a timer when I work. I find it can help with motivation if I'm working to a deadline...

perryny February 4, 2019 12:35 AM

Re: Do you use a timer when you work?

Thanks, Dean!

It feels good to finally reach this point, and I really appreciate the well wishes!

I will most definitely keep you posted on progress. I'm hopeful there will be plenty of good stuff to report!

Best!
-Rob